Roll Security Grille for Storefronts, Malls and more
Roll down security grilles are the security systems that have gained the most popularity for retail and commercial protection. By using the unobtrusive grille system, a property is able to become secured overnight and allow shoppers to view merchandise after hours.
Display windows and entryways remain inviting and enticing as compared to a storefront with solid shutters or bulky iron gates. Equally important, our grilles feature safety and aesthetic advantages over other systems:
- End retention system: provides a higher level of security.
- Grille can be mounted on the interior or exterior of the glass
- Operation can be: manually or motorized allowing for easy use
- Centrally located heavy duty mortise lock on the bottom bar that locks into the side rails, our system allows you to keep your entryway free from tripping hazards.
Common Applications include
- Store Fronts
- Counter (Bars, Tiki Bars, Pharmacy)
- Gun Stores, Gun Racks
- Shopping malls
- Commercial Kitchens
Many cities are modifying their building codes to increase appearance in downtown areas and preserve architectural character of their buildings by banning solid roll down shutters. However, the use of sliding or roll down grilles would still be permitted due to their openness factor. In fact, the New York Times recently published an article regarding a bill from the Public Safety Committee that stated "after July 1, 2011, any roll-down gate that is being replaced must be replaced with a gate that allows at least 70 percent of the covered area to be visible." "This bill not only helps first responders when they are called to protect our businesses, but it carries the additional benefit of beautifying our city's landscape". Cities and business owners taking these measures will help maintain a comfortable appearance and preserve the economic well-being of shopping districts in many areas.